Seehof Palace was built from 1686 as a summer residence for the Bamberg Prince-Bishops from plans by Antonio Petrini. After secularization it fell into disrepair under private ownership, and by the end of the 20th century extensive renovation work was necessary.
Most of the palace is today used by the Bavarian State Conservation Office.
The nine state rooms of the restored Prince-Bishops' apartment, including the "White Hall" with its magnificent ceiling painting by Guiseppe Appiani, are open to the public.
Among the features reflecting the splendour of the former Rococo garden are the restored cascade with its waterworks and some of the original sandstone sculptures by Ferdinand Tietz.
The following rooms are available for your events:
For details please choose a room by clicking on the picture or on the text.
Schlosskapelle (Palace Chapel)
Nebenraum Schlosskapelle (Adjoing room)
| top |
(09 51) 40 95-71
fax (09 51) 40 95-72
Schloss- und Gartenverwaltung Bamberg
(09 51) 5 19 39-0
und (09 51) 5 19 39-1 14
Fax (09 51) 5 19 39-1 29
April-October: 9 am-6 pm
From May until the beginning of October daily 10 am-5 pm every hour on the hour
Guided tours (in German; approx. 35 mins)
4 euros regular
3 euros reduced
Overview about all admission charges and opening hours
Tel. (09 51) 4 07 16 40
Bus to "Seehof"
35 car parking spaces,
3 bus parking spaces available
| top |